How to clean pearls
1. Wipe the pearls with a clean dry cloth after use. This prevents any oil or other dirt from remaining on its surface.
2. Visibly dirty pearls can be wiped with a damp cloth and diluted dishwashing detergent.
3. If the thread gets wet during cleaning, allow it to dry. This way the silk thread used in the jewelry does not suffer.
4. Occasionally take the jewelry to a manufacturer if you notice any wear on the beads or if the thread appears loose.
1. Dress them last, remove them first. Store pearls far away from cosmetic products containing alcohol.
2. Store the jewelry in a bag in a dry place. The bag protects the beads from scratching. Do not store the jewelry in a standing holder, it will tear the silk thread.
3. Beads love moisture so use them as often as possible. The surface of the pearl remains beautiful this way.
4. Remember that the surface of the pearl is very delicate. Avoid solvents and other strong substances.
Darkening of metals
Many of our jewelry also includes metals in their clasps or as a decoration. Precious metals darken from oxidation with time when exposed to sulfur compounds. The salts secreted from human skin, along with dirt, also cause the jewelry to darken. This means that the condition of the jewelry can even be affected by the wearer's skin! Sometimes quality issues are the reason for darkening so always contact your jewelry manufacturer if you notice any darkening of the metal.